- First Time Builders
- Church Leaders
- Contractors Central
- Small Business
- Steel Insider
Would Your Company Take a Job Erecting Steel Buildings?
I often get opportunities to talk to several steel builders and contractors around the country and they often tell me the same thing. Business is getting tougher and tougher to secure. With a market share of around 10%, the United States is the second largest construction market worldwide. Many people and businesses are building, as evidenced by the amount of professionals hired in the construction industry in the last few months. In a recent report, The U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics found 100,000 construction job openings in the last three months alone. Plus, employment of iron and steel workers is projected to grow 22% in the next 10 years. That’s good for the economy, since more businesses are hiring to keep up with the demand for completing construction projects. But it also creates more competition for you.
– Don’t compete in bidding wars. Show your customer the many benefits of steel buildings and why they’re the most flexible, durable and versatile building solution in the market today.
– Focus on the erection of steel components, not order processes and administrative activities.
– Work face-to-face with a client.
– Receive detailed steel building construction drawings. There is only one way to erect a steel building, and that’s the way it’s pre-engineered.
– Pick your own subcontractors and staff.
Many contractors and builders are taking advantage of including a steel building in their request for proposals because the actual job is much easier and more beneficial for your customers.
– Steel buildings can be erected extremely fast. While modular or traditional construction of brick & mortar or wood has the potential to take months, steel buildings can be erected in days or weeks. Sometimes, it takes longer, depending on the crew. In some scenarios with smaller structures, people will erect their steel building themselves. What does this mean for you? You won’t spend months on one construction project. Your company will be able to be more profitable with the ability to double or triple your yearly workload. Hate construction delays? Because of the ease of steel building erection, job site interruptions and work-related postponements are greatly reduced.
– Steel buildings require no field fabrication, whereas wooden truss building might require it. In some situations, raw lumber will arrive at a job site, and a contractor like yourself will need to construct several trusses before you can work on getting the structure built. You’ll unload steel building components from the delivery truck, straight from a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. Those parts are ready to go. Follow your detailed construction drawings, and erect the building in a safe and efficient way.
Sound like a job you and your company would like to take? Let us know!
Photo courtesy: USACE
« What Kind of Steel Building Are You Looking For?
5 Ways You Might Be Sabotaging Your Small Business »